Uhaul Truck Rentals
For the do-it-yourself style movers we can help you rent the perfect U-haul truck.
Whether you’re storing your treasured belongings or moving to a new home, we will assist you in obtaining a free U-Haul truck for twenty-four hours. U-Haul offers more safety features than any other truck in the industry, including gentle ride suspension and high visibility mirrors to assist the driver. U-Haul is unique in the industry because they work with manufacturers to design a truck specifically for household or small business moving. These trucks are designed with a host of special options that make them easy to load, comfortable to drive and fuel efficient. We offer 10, 15, 17, 20 and 26 foot trucks.
50% easier to load; low deck; and wide, stable EZ Load Ramp
U-Haul trucks make loading your heavy boxes and furniture easier because their trucks are designed to get the loading deck as close to the ground as possible. All trucks fifteen feet and larger have a wide, sturdy loading ramp to make loading and unloading heavy, cumbersome items as painless as possible.
Gentle ride suspension, aerodynamic styling, and built to move household furniture
U-Haul trucks have rub rails on all three walls of the box, allowing you to tie your furniture in to prevent shifting and damage. An extra storage space above the cab is available for your fragile items.
Quiet, easy riding, pickup styled cab, independent seating for three, individual comfort for driver and passenger
Patented high visibility mirrors and large cabs keep your well-being and comfort in mind. Trucks fifteen feet and larger, plus the pickup, have seat belts for three. Cargo vans and ten-foot trucks have comfortable bucket seats with seat belts for two.
Cheaper, cleaner, and more convenient unleaded fuel
All U-Haul trucks use unleaded fuel, which is three times more convenient than diesel and better for the environment. Enhanced aerodynamics and a low-profile design improve fuel efficiency.
U-Haul trucks are just one more benefit to storing with us. We are committed to making your storage experience as problem-free as possible.
Here are some tips to get you started on your journey. Find more detailed information at https://www.uhaul.com/Trucks/.
First time driving a truck…
- U-Haul trucks are heavy vehicles, especially when fully loaded. It will take longer to stop than in a car, so allow at least 4 seconds between you and the vehicle in front of you (5 seconds in adverse weather).
- You’ll need more time and distance to pass because a truck is longer than the average vehicle. Take your time, and don’t pass on hills or curves.
- Shift into lower gears when driving uphill to prevent jerking due to engine lugging.
- Before going downhill, slow down and shift into lower gear to allow the engine to control your speed. Do not ride the breaks on a downgrade.
- If your truck moves off the paved roadway, don’t panic, don’t turn sharply, and don’t apply the brakes. Slow down to below 25 mph and make your way gradually back to the road.
- When turning at a sharp corner, drive slightly past the corner or make a wider turn than you would in a car.
- Avoid parking on steep inclines. The parking brake may not hold, and the bumper may drag or get stuck.
First time using a moving truck ramp…
- Open the rear door of the truck.
- Push down on the latch that keeps the ramp securely under the truck and pull the ramp out slightly.
- Use the straps on the end of the ramp to slowly and carefully pull the ramp out until it is fully extended.
- Gently set the ramp on the ground.
- Grab both sides of the ramp near the rear of the truck and lift up. You will see two hooks. Place these hooks over the slots on the truck deck to secure the ramp in the loading position.